WALA continues to work for you!
WALA understands that the assisted living profession is rapidly changing. Especially during 2021, WALA has worked alongside you through Advocacy, Education, and Service.
- Continuous meetings/discussions with elected officials, the Governor’s office, Department of Health Services, Division of Medicaid Services, and Bureau of Assisted Living
- WALA representation on numerous legislative, regulatory, and executive task forces
- Continuation and increased funding into the Direct Care Workforce Funding Initiative
- Rate increases and enhancements within the Family Care Program - Read about the latest Advocacy accomplishment!
- Multiple, ongoing efforts to support members through the COVID-19 public health crisis
- Passage of reasonable liability protections for COVID-19 related injuries or deaths
- COVID-19 relief funding for assisted living providers through the CARES Act
- DHS approved 83.15 CBRF Administrator Course offered THREE time per year - Now with virtual option for February 2022!
- In-person Spring and Fall Conferences
- Live and on demand webinars
- Communications - weekly e-mails, Membership Matters Webinars, The WALA Advocate
- Redesigned/user friendly website
- WALA Diamond Program with invaluable quality assurance tools and resources
- Access to industry experts that offer operational solutions
- Active social media presence to communicate and promote member accomplishments
- Membership discounts on events, products, and service
PLUS these tangible member benefits:
- WALA Reinhart Legal Line
- Herzing Univesity Tuition Reduction
- Access to affordable Professional Liability Insurance through M3
- Accident Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance through Marsh & McLennan Agency and Aflac
- SFM Workers Compensation Insurance Program