Service Manager - $48,000 to $60,000/year
JFS Housing, Inc.
We are a nonprofit organization that provides affordable and supportive senior, family and disability housing services focused on strengthening families, children and individuals throughout the life cycle within the context of their unique needs. We offer a wide range of mental health and counseling services, social services, case management programs and safe and affordable housing to over 2000 individuals annually including adults, children, seniors, and individuals with disabilities, chronic mental health issues and substance use disorders.
The Service Manager is responsible for overseeing staff of up to a 66 resident Assisted Living (Residential Care Apartment Complex (RCAC) program at Deerwood Crossing Senior Residences, an Assisted Living facility operated by JFS Housing, Inc. in Brown Deer. The Service Manager provides leadership and oversight for programmatic aspects of the facility. This role is integral in assuring the highest quality of care, support, and supervision for our residents as it relates to program operations, client service delivery, staff supervision and risk management.
- Manage day to day service-related operations of the Assisted Living program.
- Assure compliance with applicable state and federal rules and regulations for Assisted Living licensing (RCAC WI Chapter 89).
- Work with the VP of Housing to ensure that budget goals related to services and operations are met.
- Monitor, process, approve and submit payroll to the Accounting department on a bi-weekly basis.
- Perform Human Resource support functions including: interviewing, hiring, new hire orientation/training, staff development, discipline and, as needed, separations.
- Conduct ongoing chart reviews for Quality Assurance and respond as necessary to client service issues that require follow-up, incident report’, etc.
- Assure that all Assisted Living clients required service agreements are in place and risk reduction documents, if applicable, are in place and current.
- Supervise Resident Assistant, Nursing, Housekeeping, Food Service, and Transportation employees.
- Schedule regular staff meetings, maintain minutes, etc.
- Develop, implement and maintain Assisted Living staff schedules including on-call scheduling, to ensure adequate staffing at all times.
- Ensure coverage of staff shift vacancies, up to and including working open Resident Assistant shifts, on an as-needed basis.
- Act as liaison between Deerwood Crossing and Assisted Living clients, external case managers, family members, health care providers, etc.
- Maintain a work environment that emphasizes compassionate and respectful treatment of all residents, visitors, and staff to ensure consistent delivery of the highest quality service.
- Maintain and improve systems to communicate, collaborate, and coordinate Assisted Living program initiatives, services and resources related to medical care, personal care, dietary and recreational activities, and physician services.
- Participate in the pre-admission Initial Assessment process for Assisted Living clients in cooperation with the facility RN and Resident Engagement Coordinator to ensure appropriate placement at Deerwood Crossing.
- Answer telephones, respond to resident, external provider and building manager requests.
- Perform Medication Administration duties as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, and automobile insurance coverage throughout employment.
- Accept other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Candidates must successfully pass a criminal background check with the Wisconsin Department of Justice and a caregiver background check with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, the Department of Children and Families and the Department of Safety and Professional Services.
Job Role: Service Manager
Company Industry: Non-Profit
Yearly Salary Range: $48,000 to $60,000/year
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor's degree with 2 years of experience working with older adults and adults with disabilities in a senior living facility is preferred.
- An Associate’s Degree with 3 years of experience working with older adults and adults with disabilities in a senior living facility is acceptable.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a management and/or supervisory position managing employees.
- CNA or CBRF certification required;
- Friendly, approachable, customer service orientation with sensitivity to diverse people and cultures, traditions and practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills combined with interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn computer programs specific to the facility, including an Electronic Medication Administration Record system and a Nurse Call system.
- Proficient in computer use and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to work on weekends; on call on a rotational basis, as needed.
- Ability to occasionally work outside of regular work hours, as needed.
Knowledge of RCAC licensing standards related to staff (Resident Assistant, Nursing, etc.) job duties and Assisted Living service requirements.
Please send application to:
Dan Fleischman at email@example.com or call 414-303-4083 for any questions.