Hiring RN - Madison, WI
Job Title: RN
Division: Capri Communities LLC
Location: Several; varies
Reports To: Executive Director
Prepared By: Katie Rieck
Prepared Date: November 9, 2021
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The RN provides oversight of our RCAC, CBRF and Memory Care communities. Under the direction of the Executive Director, this position ensures the highest degree of quality care by planning, organizing and directing the overall operation of our care services in accordance with resident needs, government regulations and our internal policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides medical assessments of each new admission as well as ongoing resident assessments.
- Manages medication administration, medication records and medication documentation in the MARs. Maintains resident documentation, medical management documentation and care plan documentation.
- Controls the care coordination of all residents, coordinates the service plan, activates appropriate resources and communicates with the physician or pharmacy regarding new medication orders, changes in orders and any medication issues. Follows up on residents admitted to the hospital and completes necessary paperwork for a re-admission to the community after hospitalization or rehab.
- Manages regular support to resident care needs and care-related follow-up as appropriate.
- Develops, coordinates and provides in-service training for staff on health conditions common to care services to include ADLs, med management, safety and regulatory compliance per DHS 83 and 89.
- Manages schedule for all care-related staff
- Continually seeks out and directs quality improvement activities that focus on wellness, clinical management, medication management, risk management, staff training, safety and survey preparedness.
- Ensures compliance with all DHS 83 and 89 policies, procedures, and reporting requirements well as adherence to internal policies and procedures. Develops new policies and/or procedures as necessary.
- Maintains on-going communication with the Executive Director on all resident and family concerns.
- Supervises and delegates nursing tasks to direct care staff in compliance with Nurse Practice Act and regulatory requirements in the area of basic healthcare and proper documentation with LPN oversight as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of State Regulations and updates for DHS 83 and 89.
- Has 24-hour accountability for their community and is available for on-call duties on an as-needed basis.
This position has some indirect supervisory responsibilities for all care-related staff and LPN positions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing; current RN licensure is required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, nursing care community or other related healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of DHS Sections 83 and 89 regulations preferred.
- Must be a strong team player with proven leadership and supervisory skills.
- Consistently maintains high levels of resident satisfaction.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community officials, state regulatory agencies, hospitals and the general public.
- Excellent customer service skills, with a courteous and helpful demeanor.
- Well developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., of the care services program.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Basic math skills required.
Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to maintain a courteous businesslike manner when interacting with outside contacts and other employees. Ability to use good judgment. Ability to organize, solve problems, work as part of a team, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current, valid state certification as a licensed RN or BSN.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Productive/organized – ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong Customer Service skills – working with staff, families and residents
- Experience in navigating/managing the healthcare continuum: acute care, rehab, skilled nursing, Medicare, Family Care functions, specialty services.
- Management experience – the ability to help support staff development, monitoring, training, performance improvement, accountability, etc.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Understanding of DHS 89 for RCAC programs and DHS 83 for CBRF programs as necessary.
- Problem solving skills and ability to follow through.
- Flexible scheduling – to accommodate training and scheduled on-call for emergent needs of residents.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, and climb stairs and use his/her hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry up to 80 lbs. Must be able to push, stoop, walk, bend and stand. The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Capri Communities is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Employee Name (print):______________________________________ Date:________________
Employee Signature: _____________________________________________________________
To apply for this position, email your resume to Kailyn at firstname.lastname@example.org