Hiring LPN - Sun Prairie - $1,000 sign on bonus!
The LPN assists the Executive Director and RN Manager in overseeing the RCAC, CBRF and Memory Care programs. Under the direction of the RN Manager, this position ensures the highest degree of quality care by planning, organizing and leading the overall operation of our care services in accordance with resident needs, government regulations and our internal policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Quality of Program and Care:
- Monitor medication administration, medication records and medication documentation in the MARs.
- Monitor medication counts for narcotic drug administration.
- Perform medication administration and maintain related documentation requirements.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the pharmacy in regards to new medication orders, change in orders and any medication issues
- Facilitates resident assessments and care-related follow-up as appropriate to provide support in meeting resident care needs.
- Provide regular support to resident care needs, and facilitate resident assessments and care-related follow-up as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with the RCAC and/or CBRF staff, families, residents, licensing agencies and referral sources.
- Contact physicians regarding resident health issues/problems. Complete the Resident update form when a resident is scheduled to see his/her primary care provider.
- Document observations and activity participation in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Executive Director and RN Manager about resident or staff complaints or issues. Provides communication to the family or resident as needed.
- Protect residents’ health information according to HIPPA policies and procedures and state law and regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of State Regulations and updates for DHS 83 and 89 (as appropriate for RCACm CBRF and Memory Care communities).
Staff Oversight and Training:
- Provide staff training and orientation; assist with care staff performance improvement (non-direct supervisory care and oversight) and ongoing maintenance of staff abilities.
- Assist with providing in-service training for staff on health conditions common to assisted living residents to include ADLs, medical management and regulatory compliance.
- Monitor and delegate related health and safety duties to staff as needed.
- Work closely with the staff in obtaining information related to the health status of the residents.
- Delegates Nursing tasks for direct care staff in compliance with Nurse Practice Act and regulatory requirements in the area of basic healthcare and proper documentation with RN as required.
Resident Admissions and Recordkeeping:
- Assist with the admission
- Maintain resident records by collecting and receiving all pertinent and required data
- Follow up on residents admitted to the hospital and complete necessary paper work for a re-admission to the community after hospitalization or rehab
- Update resident care plan. Attend care conference in collaboration with the RN Manager.
This position does have leadership responsibilities but does not have direct supervisory responsibilities except in the absence of the RN Manager or Executive Director. This position does participate in the performance management functions of the staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in Nursing and a valid (current) WI license as LPN or RN required.
- Previous hospital or long term care experience (or other experience working with the senior population) preferred;
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Basic math skills required.
Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to maintain a courteous businesslike manner when interacting with outside contacts and other employees. Ability to use good judgment. Ability to organize, solve problems, work as part of a team, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current, valid state certification as a licensed LPN or RN.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Productive/organized – ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong Customer Service skills – working with staff, families and residents
- Experience in navigating/managing the healthcare continuum: acute care, rehab, skilled nursing, Medicare, Family Care functions, specialty services.
- Resident Satisfaction - Provides, promotes, and requires high-quality resident relations. Reviews and/or resolves complaints, and alerts Executive Director or RN Manager of any unusual activities or problems.
- Quality, Safety, and Physical Condition - Administers care that meets or exceeds company standards. Cooperates in maintaining safety and security of residents and employees. Ensures that residents and staff are informed about safety issues, regulations, and requirements necessary. Enforce compliance with regard to safety and health issues as well as appropriate food standards.
- Energy and Professionalism - Ability to demonstrate patience, understanding, tolerance and emotional/physical ability and experience to meet the daily needs of our residents.
- Management experience – the ability to help support staff development, monitoring, training, performance improvement, accountability, etc.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Problem solving skills and ability to follow through.
- Reliability and Flexibility in Scheduling - Demonstrates excellent attendance; must be able to work holidays and weekends and cover as required by resident needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, and climb stairs and use his/her hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry up to 80 lbs. Must be able to push, stoop, walk, bend and stand. The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Capri Communities is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To apply, email your resume to Kailyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.