Behavioral Health Residential Aide - $18-20
Compensation$18 to $20 Hourly
Why Work Here?
“Awesome CEO, willing to grow within the Company. Nice Pay. Family friendly like work environment.”
We are seeking a Behavioral Health Residential Aide to join our team! You will provide direct care for a resident who has high level behavioral needs. We are looking for caring, compassionate and dedicated people who want to work with individuals with developmental disabilities!
We have a variety of shifts available at our AFH locations within the Windsor, WI location!
Please contact us with any questions you may have at 608-960-6761!
Service provider performs duties for the care, treatment, and safety of the individuals served with developmental/physical disabilities. This includes but is not limited to: personal care, program completion and documentation, and/or occupational and physical therapy programs.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish open lines of communication for individuals with mental or emotional issues
- Ensure all documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Reliable, prompt attendance demonstrating flexibility and cooperation with team as needed to provide adequate facility coverage and follows team (self)-scheduling guidelines.
- Monitors all individuals served at all times and communicates all information in communication log and if applicable, verbally reports to next staff scheduled.
- Completes all daily assignments as directed by Team Leader and/or Manager.
- This includes but is not limited to:
- Individual Service Plans/Personal Plan Implementation Strategies
- Behavior Development Programs
- Charting and documentation
- Initiates recreational and social activities in the home and community as well as ensures all scheduled outings are completed, including indoor activity(s).
- Must pass all medication training to administer medication and provide active, ongoing interaction to the individuals served.
- Maintains the home in a clean, safe, healthful condition, logging repair requests correctly.
- Assists individuals in care of clothing and personal items.
- Assists in all emergency situations and is knowledgeable of fire extinguishers, alarms, and disaster.
- Provides safe transportation of individuals served; uses safe, defensive driving skills, adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Responsible for knowledge of basic cooking skills or willingness to learn. Follows the established menu plan, adhering to prescribed diets. Develops shopping lists or items need to prepare planned meals, purchases items as needed (staying within designated budget), and submits receipts to Team Leader/Manager.
- Maintains cordial and cooperative relationship with individuals served, their families and guardians and other staff members, utilizing and promoting positive problem solving skills and ensuring a positive, pleasant home environment.
- Monitors individuals' health needs and documents such; accompanies individuals on medical/dental appointments as assigned by Team Leader/Manager.
- Complies with all Pecku Anchored,. policies and procedures.
- In compliance with Pecku Anchored, philosophy and policies toward Human Rights; immediately intervenes on behalf of the individual(s) served and reports to the appropriate supervisor and/or agency (OIG, IDPH, DCFS.)
- Orders necessary forms and supplies from the appropriate personnel as needed.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Previous experience in mental health counseling or other related fields
- Familiarity with community mental health resources
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong leadership qualities
Please contact us to apply: 608-960-6761