Mission, Vision and Values
WALA exists to serve the assisted living industry in Wisconsin.
But WALA members know that the way to provide better care for those who are living in our facilities is to always keep in mind who we are serving. And the ones we serve are those residents who live under our roof.
When I start a speech, I always refer to those folks who live with us. I often hold up a photograph or a project a slide of one of those residents. I often refer to own grandmother or my own father. Those folks in assisted living are the reason we exist.
And while WALA can lead our industry to understand legislation better, to provide better education for owners, operators, managers, caregivers, and to lead in a variety of ways, we must never lose sight that the reason the assisted living industry exists is to serve the residents.
So, please remember that face - the face of a resident or loved one. That is the reason WALA exists.
Jim Murphy - WALA Executive Director
Wisconsin Assisted Living Association's mission is to support providers in enhancing the best quality of life for residents in assisted living in Wisconsin through advocacy, education, communication, and quality initiatives.
Wisconsin Assisted Living Association's vision is to be the foremost choice for assisted living providers and supportive partners in Wisconsin.
WALA subscribes to a ten-point philosophy of care. We believe that every provider should be:
- Offering cost-effective quality care that is personalized for individual needs
- Fostering independence for each resident
- Treating each resident with dignity and respect
- Promoting the individuality of each resident
- Allowing each resident choice of care and lifestyle
- Protecting each resident's right to privacy
- Nurturing the spirit of each resident
- Involving family and friends, as appropriate, in care planning and implementation
- Providing a safe, residential environment
- Making the assisted living residence a valuable community asset
Assisted living is about offering people a range of choices to best meet their needs by providing a compassionate care environment for those who need it.